Monday, April 12, 2010

Welcome!

Welcome to our blog. Please be patient with us as we learn the ins and outs of this whole blogosphere world. This blog will serve as a way to keep our family and friends in the loop of the weekly going-ons in the Whipple-Griffin house. Can't promise that I will be at all consistent in posting, but I'm definetely going to give it a try. I (Karen) am the main "author" of the blog, but Walter may occasionally join in.

I am currently 33 weeks, 5 days pregnant! I can't believe we are entering the last 6 weeks before little Owen Scott Griffin arrives. I have been very busy learning to sew (thank you momma!). I have done lots of burp cloths, and baby quilt, and have recently pulled out some patterns for other baby items. It is nice to have this as a distraction, as I am unable to work anymore due to a weight-lifting restriction. The first couple of weeks off of work were really really hard for me. Anyone who knows me, knows that I can't sit still for long (understatement! ha!), so being off work for the last 11 weeks before baby was something I was not prepared for or desiring! It has been a very big adjustment for me, and Walter too. I told my Dr. I might have to go on "mental" disability too for how stressful the whole transition to not working has been. Now 4 weeks into my disability leave, I have finally found peace in the situation. I've come to realize that there is likely NOOOOOO other time in my life that I will actually have time for me, time to be bored, and time to get ready physically and mentally for this baby that will be changing our lives.

We have our 34 week appointment tomorrow morning. We are praying that little Owen is continuing to grow as he should. At our 32 week appointment he was measuring 2 weeks too small. The Dr. said that at this appointment if he hasn't grown enough, we may have to get another ultrasound to make sure he is growing properly. As long as it is not a health concern, bring on the small baby for delivery! ha!

We will keep you posted on how the Dr. appt. goes tomorrow. I'm glad you have decided to read our blog. Please feel free to comment as you wish. I would love to know who's reading and if you also have a blog. Let me know! :) Thanks friends and family for joining in on the Whipple-Griffin life. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is great! I haven't seen you in so long, I'm not sure I will recognize you when you get back! I'm glad you have found something to invest your time in. And that You are considering this time off to be a blessing. You are absolutely right about this being the last chance you will ever have to just enjoy being you. Keep the blogs coming! If I find any good patterns I will let you know!