Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Dr. Appt update

Dr. appt. this am went great. Owen has grown in the last 2 weeks! He is now right on target for measurements--no more concern of him not growing enough. Yay! I will be 34 weeks this Thursday. I truly can't believe how fast this pregnancy has gone. We are ready, though. As ready as we're gonna be...little do we know how unprepared we probably really are. ha! That's part of the joys and challenges of parenthood, right?

Walt did not have any classes today so we ran errands in Bend this morning after our appointment. I feel very blessed to have a husband that I can spend most of my days off with. Thank goodness that we get along great and don't run out of things to talk about, because lately with being off work, I am home A LOT! It has been a special time for us to rekindle our relationship and focus on becoming parents! I love my husband and it is an honor to embark on this journey with him! We are beyond excited to enter into this new chapter in our lives of being parents and having our first child. Just in case you couldn't tell. :) It is very overwhelming to think of the responsibility we will soon be undertaking! I feel so much more respect for my parents and what they had to go through to make sure that my sisters and I turned out somewhat decent. They made it look easy! :)

I'm going to take some photos of Owen's nursery so that I can post them tomorrow. Stay tuned!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Hi Karen. It's been so fun seeing pictures, on Facebook of course. I am so excited for you guys! Babies are amazing! Lisa and I were talking about how amazing your shower was, she said you were tired after opening all your presents! I too have a blog if you'd like to follow, jsweston.blogspot.com I am so glad to hear you are doing well. Being a parent is amazing! You'll be a fantastic mom!

~Sarah

Emily Muckleroy said...

Hey cuz! So proud of you for starting a blog! Now we'll get to see the little man grow up and all of the adventures you are about to take! I added you to my blog friends! I'm not very consistent in blogging all the time....oh well! Love you so much and can't wait to see y'all in August!!!

Beckie Sibley said...

I'm so happy you started a blog. I need to get mine going again. It's a great way to journal your family life.
I do have a suggestion. You may want to use a solid background behind your writing making it easier to read. Just a thought. No matter what, I will be looking for your posts! Lots of love to you